2005-08-12

Dick Dearlove

I always thought that those names given to women in the James Bond canon were implausibly risque, and only marginally comical. That is until I learned of the Downing Street memo which cites a report by "C", a shorthand for the head of British Intelligence or MI6: Richard Dearlove.

So, to the pantheon of fictional MI6 names like Honey Ryder, Plenty O'Toole, Xenia Onatopp, and Pussy Galore, add the real-life risque moniker of Dick Dearlove.

By the way, I know it's old news, but you should read the memo in its entirety to see how deliberately the US and UK manufactured a pre-text for invasion.

1 comment:

igm said...

In case any of you think I am censoring blog discussion, I want to let you know that the previous comment was some spam I needed to trash.

Spam's only good when it comes out of a can.